For our second year, North Town Veterinary Hospital has participated in the annual Lions Foundation of Canada Purina Walk for Dog Guides. This is an amazing fundraiser that has risen over $236,000 in 2014. All funds raised go towards the resources required to train:
- Canine vision dog guides: for people who are blind or visually impaired
- Hearing ear dog guides: for people who are deaf or hard of hearing
- Service dog guides: for people with a medical or physical disability
- Seizure response dog guides: for people who have epilepsy
- Autism assistance dog guides: for children with autism spectrum disorder
- Diabetic alert dog guides: for people who have type 1 diabetes with hypoglycemic unawareness
These dogs provide Canadians their independence and often act as their eyes and ears in the most stressful of situations. For North Town Veterinary Hospitals second year of participating we have raised over $657 for this great event. We look forwards to the 2015 walk and hope to reach a $1000 goal!
Please check out the website for the Purina Walk for Dog Guides to seek out resources and information.